DCLM Daily Manna 20 October 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Don’t Think Of Going Back
TOPIC: Don’t Think Of Going Back
TEXT: Numbers 14:1-10
1. And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night.
2. And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron; and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness!
3. And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt?
4. And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.
5. Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of Israel.
6. And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes;
7. And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land.
8. If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.
9. Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us; their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us; fear them not.
10. But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.
“And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt” – (Numbers 14:4).
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 20 October 2019
A wealthy Persian man sold his large farm when he was told tales of fabulous amounts of diamonds in a foreign country that could fetch him great riches. But after searching for a long time and getting nothing, he gave up in penury and committed suicide. Meanwhile, the man who bought his property discovered countless number of large diamonds right in the garden of the farmland.
The children of Israel were not satisfied with the great blessings their supernatural deliverance from suffering in Egypt had given them. They saw only the temporary pains that would precede the lasting gains that lay ahead. Their bitter complaints blinded them from cherishing what they possessed. Caleb and Joshua had given favourable report about the Promised Land but the people chose to disbelieve them; accepting instead, the negative account of the other spies. They disdained the promise of God to give them the land and proposed going back to Egypt.
DCLM Daily Manna 20 October 2019 – Don’t Think Of Going Back
There is always a tragic consequence when saved Christians want to eat their cake and have it; when they desire to hop into the past they have left behind. The early expression of this slide into rebellion and apostasy is murmuring, followed by unbelief in the word of God and lack of trust in His faithful servants. The antidote is a God-driven resolve not to go back to forsaken sins and for leaders to stand firm on biblical truths, no matter the pressure to compromise.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
You don’t make progress by going back.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 20 October 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.