DCLM Daily Manna 13 October 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Don’t Wait To See; Just Believe!
TOPIC: Don’t Wait To See; Just Believe!
TEXT: Hebrews 11:7-16
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise;
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11. Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12. Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly; wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for he hath prepared for them a city.
“By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith” – (Hebrews 11:7).
DCLM Daily Manna 13 October 2019 – Don’t Wait To See; Just Believe!
An expression of unbelief commonly heard from doubters and scorners is “Seeing is believing”. Unfortunately too, there are some so-called Christians who operate by this principle of unbelief. The expression simply means that one will not believe until one has seen the thing happened. Those who wait to see before they believe miss a lot of the blessings of God.
Faith accepts and acts on the word of God. It does not wait to see, like Thomas, before taking action. The examples of Noah and the worthies of old cited in the text today clearly illustrate this. God had warned Noah of the coming judgment upon the world through the flood and instructed him to build an ark that will be the means of his salvation and of others that would believe. Noah immediately swung into action. It is important to note that Noah had no previous example or precedent to rely on. It had never rained before this time. This is rare faith!
If you wait to see before you believe, it may be disastrously too late for you! Those who waited to see before they believed Noah’s message of the coming flood never had the chance to escape the deluge. Similarly, those who want to wait to see before they believe in the reality of heaven and hell and the coming final judgment will eternally regret their unbelief.
God works by faith and honours those who have strong persuasion on His word and promises before they see it happen in their lives. One thing we have to be certain about is the fact that God cannot lie. Whatever He says, He will surely do. Once He has made a proclamation concerning your life, you can be sure that it will be as He has said. You don’t need to wait to see it happen before you believe.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Faith counts it done before it sees it done!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 13 October 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.