MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 17 September 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – We Will Serve The Lord
TOPIC: We Will Serve The Lord
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Joshua 24:14-24
MEMORY VERSE: Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. – Isaiah 55:6
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 27, Proverbs 28, Proverbs 29, 2 Corinthians 10
THE MESSAGE: As a believer to whom the Lord has committed the Great Commission, your first constituency in the soul winning project is your household or family. Today, if you are born again and some members of your nuclear and extended family are not, you should not feel comfortable. If they die as unbelievers without having shared the gospel and love of Christ with them, the Lord will hold you guilty.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your wife or husband, sons and daughters as well as cousins, nieces and nephews are saved. Joshua discharged his responsibility in admonishing the children of Israel to forsake idol worship and unbelief. He encouraged them to serve God. He said, “As for me and members of my family, we shall serve the Lord.” He knew God’s expectation concerning him. He knew his responsibility to God as touching the kingdom project. He knew that God was counting on him for the salvation of souls in his family, community and nation.
In the same vein, God is counting on you to preach the gospel to all creatures. Are you a pastor, evangelist, prophet, minister of the gospel or head of a family? You must be saved (born again). After that, it is your responsibility to ensure that your wife or husband, children and ward are also saved. God will hold you accountable for whatever happens to their souls. He has put them in your care and you must ensure that they succeed not only physically but spiritually also. They too must be helped to experience the grace of God that brings salvation.
Today, what do we have? Husbands that are saved and heaven bound but their wives are still neck-deep in sin and in the world. Godly wives of men who still drink alcohol to a state of stupor, engage heavily in gambling and other vices. Parents that are ministers of the gospel, but their children don’t attend church services and are ungodly, immoral and disobedient.
There are ways to amend these wrongs in every family. First, return to family prayer altar and Quiet Time. A family that prays together stays and thrives together. Second, Bible study should be a daily routine in your home. The word of God has the amazing power to save perishing souls and heal sick ones. Also, make every member of your family to have an area they serve in the church.
Make it compulsory they attend midweek and Sunday services. Lastly, be their godly role model and best example of a good Christian.
Serving God is the greatest adventure in the world.
The fire of God shall destroy every power hindering you from serving God.
TODAY’S HYMN – WHO’LL BE THE NEXT?
1. Who will be the next to follow Jesus?
Who will be the next His cross to bear?
Someone is ready, someone is waiting,
Who will be the next a crown to wear?
Who will be the next, who will be the next,
Who will be the next to follow Jesus?
Who will be the next to follow Jesus now?
Follow Jesus now?
2. Who will be the next to follow Jesus?
Come and bow at His precious feet.
Who will be the next to lay every burden,
Down at The Father’s Mercy-seat?
3. Who will be the next to follow Jesus?
Who will be the next to praise His name?
Who will swell the chorus of free redemption,
Sing, Hallelujah! Praise the Lamb?
1. Father, make me a soul winner, in the name of Jesus.
2. I will not fail in my responsibility to God on the Great Commission, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, let Your grace that brings salvation appear to every unsaved member of my nuclear and extended families, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, rekindle Your fire on my family altar, in the name of Jesus.
5. My Father, make me a perfect example of a good Christian, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, deliver my family from dysfunctional spirit and tendencies, in the name of Jesus.
7. Blood of Jesus, purge me and members of my family of every ungodly trait, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 17 September 2019 was written by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 22 November 2019: Prophesy – To Build up the Body
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 22 November 2019 – Become Sensitive Again
- Joel Osteen Devotional 22 November 2019 – Eternity is in Your Heart
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 22 November 2019 – Defend Your Territory
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 22 November 2019 – Three Things That Help Me Forgive