MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 10 September 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Give No Place To Bitterness
TOPIC: Give No Place To Bitterness
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 8-9; 2 Corinthians 3
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Romans 3:20-25
MEMORY VERSE: “Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.” – Hebrews 12:15
MESSAGE: Many Christians have shipwrecked their own salvation by allowing the root of bitterness in their lives. The mistake or wrongdoing of some people originate from the wrong way they responded to what another person did to them. In life, you cannot live in isolation. You will meet and deal with people who are godly and faithful; you will also come across people who are wicked, unfaithful and unfriendly. Some will lift you up and add value to your life and destiny while some will short-change you, hurt and maltreat you. You must be careful the way you react to those who offend you. If you are not, you will give room for bitterness and hatred to take root in your life.
Bitterness will make you offend God. It can make you fail in life. It can destroy your faith. When you allow any root of bitterness to spring up from your heart, you will be emotionally disturbed and hatred may occupy your heart. It is possible that those who hurt you are in the wrong, there should be no room for bitterness. Don’t muse for too long over what people have done to offend, if you do, you will get bitter and develop hatred for them. Learn to forgive quickly and forget the hurt. Doing so amounts to obedience and there is great reward for it.
Bitterness and hatred are satanic burdens; you don’t have to bear them. The Bible says that hatred is worse than murder. Bitterness and hatred are forces that fuel sibling rivalry and dysfunctional families. When bitterness and hatred take firm roots in matrimonial homes, husbands and wives will begin to file for divorce. The inability to forgive one another has torn millions of couples apart and created broken homes and single parents all over the world. The same reason has made business partners to go their separate ways and led to communal clashes and inter-tribal as well as civil wars.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 10 September 2019 – Give No Place To Bitterness
Beloved, you must flush bitterness and hatred out of your heart. God wants you to love as He loves and forgive all who have offended you even as He has forgiven you. Don’t let bitterness hinder your spiritual growth, earn you God’s wrath or send you to hell. Beginning from now, let the words of Ephesians 4:31-32 be your guide, “Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.”
ACIDIC BITTERNESS SEEPS INTO THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WHO HARBOUR GRUDGES AND IT IS ALWAYS A POISON.
Receive sufficient grace to forgive, even when it is hard to do so.
1. I uproot the tree of bitterness and hatred from my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. Any good thing bitterness and hatred have stolen from me, be restored by fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. Spirit of bitterness and hatred, depart from my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
4. I receive the grace to forgive everyone that has offended me, in the name of Jesus.
5. I put away all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, evil speaking and malice, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, make me an apostle of love, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, by Your mercy, repair any damage that bitterness, hatred and unforgiveness have done to my life, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 10 September 2019 was written by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
- Open Heaven 26 February 2020 – The End Matters More
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 26 February 2020 – Call to Watchfulness
- DCLM Daily Manna 26 February 2020 – Unity In Righteousness
- Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 February 2020 -No Place Like Home
- Rhapsody of Realities 26 February 2020 – Don’t Fret Over Your Goals and Dreams