DCLM Daily Manna 16 September 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Miracles Lead To Confession
TOPIC: Miracles Lead To Confession
TEXT: Exodus 18:1-12
1. When Jethro, the priest of Midian, Moses’ father in law, heard of all that God had done for Moses, and for Israel his people, and that the LORD had brought Israel out of Egypt;
2. Then Jethro, Moses’ father in law, took Zipporah, Moses’ wife, after he had sent her back,
3. And her two sons; of which the name of the one was Gershom; for he said, I have been an alien in a strange land;
4. And the name of the other was Eliezer; for the God of my father, said he, was mine help, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh;
5. And Jethro, Moses’ father in law, came with his sons and his wife unto Moses into the wilderness, where he encamped at the mount of God;
6. And he said unto Moses, I thy father in law Jethro am come unto thee, and thy wife, and her two sons with her.
7. And Moses went out to meet his father in law, and did obeisance, and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare; and they came into the tent.
8. And Moses told his father in law all that the LORD had done unto Pharaoh and to the Egyptians for Israel’s sake, and all the travail that had come upon them by the way, and how the LORD delivered them.
9. And Jethro rejoiced for all the goodness which the LORD had done to Israel, whom he had delivered out of the hand of the Egyptians.
10. And Jethro said, Blessed be the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.
11. Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods; for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.
12. And Jethro, Moses’ father in law, took a burnt offering and sacrifices for God; and Aaron came, and all the elders of Israel, to eat bread with Moses’ father in law before God.
“Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them” – (Exodus 18:11).
The queen of Sheba undertook a long journey to Jerusalem after hearing of the greatness and wisdom of Solomon, the king of Israel. She was also a great personality in her own right. But her fame paled beside that of the son of David. She decided to prove this man’s wisdom and riches, which overshadowed her own. Solomon’s grandeur was as a result of the favour he received from God. It proved the point that any project backed by God will always attract attention.
DCLM Daily Manna 16 September 2019 – Miracles Lead To Confession
It was the same with the great deliverance of the children of Israel from bondage in Egypt. The miraculous crossing of the Red Sea on dry ground by these descendants of Jacob also led many to come and visit the Israelites.
Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law was one of those who came visiting in the wilderness. He was not only amazed, but also showed reverence to God. He made a confession that should follow every great and mighty act of God: “now, I know that the LORD is greater than all gods…”
Every being should come to the realisation that there is no stopping when God proposes to accomplish something. He will fulfil all promises, subdue every situation that attempts to exalt itself above the knowledge of God and spoil all principalities and powers that raise their shoulders in pride against His name. As we acknowledge His presence and personality, He will no doubt prove Himself in our lives that there is no other beside Him.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Every challenge fades away into insignificance when we have God in focus.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 1-3
DCLM Daily Manna 16 September 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.