DCLM Daily Manna 11 September 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – The Dead Can Rise Again
TOPIC: The Dead Can Rise Again
TEXT: Acts 9:32-43
32. And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.
33. And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.
34. And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole; arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
35. And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.
36. Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas; this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
37. And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died; whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
38. And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
39. Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber; and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
40. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes; and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
41. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
42. And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.
43. And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.
DCLM DAILY MANNA 11 SEPTEMBER 2019 DEVOTIONAL KEY VERSE:
“But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up” – (Acts 9:40).
DCLM DAILY MANNA 11 SEPTEMBER 2019 DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:
The story was told of a pastor who returned from a vigil only to meet his wife crying due to the death of their first son. He comforted her and aid the son on his bed and encouraged her to go to the Sunday service. After preaching and counselling, they both came home to meet neighbours gathered at their front gate. The neighbours accused them of not being considerate, as the boy had been crying for the mother since. God still raises up the dead today!
Aeneas of Lydda was hopelessly infirm for eight years. Peter declared unto him: “Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed”. Immediately, he arose and all that saw this miracle turned to the Lord. Peter was called to Joppa where Dorcas had just died. The widows were weeping and showing him the coats and garments she made for them while she was alive. Peter followed the example of Jesus; he called them out of the room and prayed.
DCLM Daily Manna 11 September 2019 Devotional – The Dead Can Rise Again
Aeneas’s great disease needed a great cure; he could not help himself neither could his friends and physicians. In like manner, sin, the soul sickness, is incurable with no soul physician but curable only through Christ’s work of atonement at Calvary. The Lord has planted in the heart of believers, the spirit of human kindness and compassion here demonstrated by the alms deeds of Dorcas and the miracles of Peter.
To the believers who have been delivered, today, the power and authority to declare, ‘Jesus Christ makes thee whole’ for the disease that plagues the body, soul and spirit has been given. Earlier on Peter declared, “And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all” (Acts 3:16).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Today’s believer can also raise sin-slain person to life again through the message of salvation.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 11 September 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
- Open Heaven 26 February 2020 – The End Matters More
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 26 February 2020 – Call to Watchfulness
- DCLM Daily Manna 26 February 2020 – Unity In Righteousness
- Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 February 2020 -No Place Like Home
- Rhapsody of Realities 26 February 2020 – Don’t Fret Over Your Goals and Dreams