Billy Graham Devotional 25 September 2019 – Symptoms of Guilt
Topic: Symptoms of Guilt
Scripture: Cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again. — Psalm 51:2 (TLB)
Message: Guilt is a prominent word among psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and ministers too. The dictionary calls guilt “the act or state of having done a wrong or committed an offense.” The symptoms of guilt are many, but the root cause is one.
We have broken the moral law of the universe as expressed in the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount. So we have a sense of guilt.
This guilt causes a variety of psychological problems such as insecurity, tension, hunger for approval, struggles for recognition. A sense of guilt, some psychiatrists point out, is as necessary as a sense of pain. We need both in order to keep us from getting hurt.
Prayer for the day: Your Holy Spirit touches my heart and makes me conscious of my guilt. Forgive me, Lord.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham, Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association(BGEA). BGEA exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by every effective means and to equip the church and others to do the same.
- Open Heaven 26 February 2020 – The End Matters More
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 26 February 2020 – Call to Watchfulness
- DCLM Daily Manna 26 February 2020 – Unity In Righteousness
- Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 February 2020 -No Place Like Home
- Rhapsody of Realities 26 February 2020 – Don’t Fret Over Your Goals and Dreams