Billy Graham Devotional 25 September 2019 – Symptoms of Guilt
Topic: Symptoms of Guilt
Scripture: Cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again. — Psalm 51:2 (TLB)
Message: Guilt is a prominent word among psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and ministers too. The dictionary calls guilt “the act or state of having done a wrong or committed an offense.” The symptoms of guilt are many, but the root cause is one.
We have broken the moral law of the universe as expressed in the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount. So we have a sense of guilt.
This guilt causes a variety of psychological problems such as insecurity, tension, hunger for approval, struggles for recognition. A sense of guilt, some psychiatrists point out, is as necessary as a sense of pain. We need both in order to keep us from getting hurt.
Prayer for the day: Your Holy Spirit touches my heart and makes me conscious of my guilt. Forgive me, Lord.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham, Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association(BGEA). BGEA exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by every effective means and to equip the church and others to do the same.
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 22 November 2019: Prophesy – To Build up the Body
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 22 November 2019 – Become Sensitive Again
- Joel Osteen Devotional 22 November 2019 – Eternity is in Your Heart
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 22 November 2019 – Defend Your Territory
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 22 November 2019 – Three Things That Help Me Forgive