DCLM Daily Manna 8 August 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: David’s Hall Of Fame
TEXT: 1 Chronicles 11:26-47
26. Also the valiant men of the armies were, Asahel the brother of Joab, Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,
27. Shammoth the Harorite, Helez the Pelonite,
28. Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite, Abiezer the Antothite,
29. Sibbecai the Hushathite, Ilai the Ahohite,
30. Maharai the Netophathite, Heled the son of Baanah the Netophathite,
31. Ithai the son of Ribai of Gibeah, that pertained to the children of Benjamin, Benaiah the Pirathonite,
32. Hurai of the brooks of Gaash, Abiel the Arbathite,
33. Azmaveth the Baharumite, Eliahba the Shaalbonite,
34. The sons of Hashem the Gizonite, Jonathan the son of Shage the Hararite,
35. Ahiam the son of Sacar the Hararite, Eliphal the son of Ur,
36. Hepher the Mecherathite, Ahijah the Pelonite,
37. Hezro the Carmelite, Naarai the son of Ezbai,
38. Joel the brother of Nathan, Mibhar the son of Haggeri,
39. Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Berothite, the armourbearer of Joab the son of Zeruiah,
40. Ira the Ithrite, Gareb the Ithrite,
41. Uriah the Hittite, Zabad the son of Ahlai,
42. Adina the son of Shiza the Reubenite, a captain of the Reubenites, and thirty with him,
43. Hanan the son of Maachah, and Joshaphat the Mithnite,
44. Uzzia the Ashterathite, Shama and Jehiel the sons of Hothan the Aroerite,
45. Jediael the son of Shimri, and Joha his brother, the Tizite,
46. Eliel the Mahavite, and Jeribai, and Joshaviah, the sons of Elnaam, and Ithmah the Moabite,
47. Eliel, and Obed, and Jasiel the Mesobaite.
“Also the valiant men of the armies were, Asahel the brother of Joab, Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem” – (1 Chronicles 11:26).
Henry Mitchell MacCracken, chancellor of New York University, founded the Hall of Fame in 1900 to honour and recognise persons of achievement who have left indelible marks on the history and the culture of America. Today, the concept of Hall of Fame has spread around the world in virtually every area of human endeavour.
Our text today is a list of who is who in David’s own Hall of Fame. It is of extraordinary warriors who accomplished unusual achievements in the nation of Israel and whose names are worthy of the Hall of Fame. These valiant men supported David militarily and politically. Their loyalty and impressive combat feat earned them honour in Israel. Military men from the gentile world: Ithmah the Moabite, and Zelek the Ammonite featured prominently in his government. These were people traditionally barred from entering the congregation of the people of God but they found opportunities in David’s army. Even Uriah the Hittite whose wife King David took had his name enshrined in the Hall of Fame.
DCLM Daily Manna 8 August 2019 – David’s Hall Of Fame
Our Lord Jesus Christ has invested so much in every believer so as to do exploits in the kingdom of God irrespective of tribe, race, colour social standing, etc. We are His soldiers and warriors. We are to preach the gospel of Christ to sinners, pray for the conversion of souls and bring backsliders back to Jesus.
David had a stable government because he had supportive and loyal valiant men around. Jesus’ army must not disappoint too. We must work assiduously for the Master so that as the Hebrew 11 Hall of Fame was compiled in honour of Old Testament saints, we too will enter the Hall of Fame in heaven where crowns of glory will be given to Christ’s faithful and loyal servants.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Your name in the book of life offers more joy than silver and gold!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 8 August 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.