DCLM Daily Manna 23 August 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: God’s Spirit On His People
TEXT: Numbers 11:24-30
24. And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the LORD, and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle.
25. And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders; and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
26. But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad; and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle; and they prophesied in the camp.
27. And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.
28. And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them.
29. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD’S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!
30. And Moses gat him into the camp, he and the elders of Israel.
“And the LORD came down in a cloud and spake unto him and took of the spirit that was upon him and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and not cease” – (Numbers 11:25).
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 23 August 2019 Devotional
There were very few disciples before the day of Pentecost and little exploit was done. But on the day of Pentecost, the spirit came down and baptized the one hundred and twenty in the upper room. Thus, there was great expansion in the gospel work and nations were reached with the salvation message.
Moses was the only person having the Spirit of God before God instructed him to extend it to the seventy elders. He seemed to be the only one carrying the burden of the people. The work was much on him. He complained to God and God came with a divine solution. He was instructed to gather seventy elders among the people together by the tabernacle. They were to assist him in the daily administration of the people.
Without the enduement of the Spirit of God, they would not be able to do the work effectively. The elders were assembled together by the tabernacle of God. God came down in a cloud and took of the spirit that was upon Moses and gave it unto the seventy elders. When the Spirit came upon them, they prophesied. Two of them, Eldad and Medad, who did not join the others at the tabernacle also prophesied. They were also filled with the Spirit of God.
If a man does not have the Holy Spirit in his life, he is not equipped to serve or lead God’s people. Such could be an hindrance instead of a blessing. The operation of the Spirit is not limited to a particular geographical location or boundary. Even the two men who were not with the other leaders were also filled with the Spirit of God. We should be like Moses who will want everyone to receive the Spirit of God so as to be able to minister.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: When you are filled with His Spirit, you will do more exploits for Him.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 19-23
DCLM Daily Manna 23 August 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.