DCLM Daily Manna 19 July 2019 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Glorious Kingdom Dominion
TEXT: Daniel 11:5-12
5. And the king of the south shall be strong, and one of his princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion; his dominion shall be a great dominion.
6. And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king’s daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement; but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm; but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times.
7. But out of a branch of her roots shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail;
8. And shall also carry captives into Egypt their gods, with their princes, and with their precious vessels of silver and of gold; and he shall continue more years than the king of the north.
9. So the king of the south shall come into his kingdom, and shall return into his own land.
10. But his sons shall be stirred up, and shall assemble a multitude of great forces; and one shall certainly come, and overflow, and pass through; then shall he return, and be stirred up, even to his fortress.
11. And the king of the south shall be moved with choler, and shall come forth and fight with him, even with the king of the north; and he shall set forth a great multitude; but the multitude shall be given into his hand.
12. And when he hath taken away the multitude, his heart shall be lifted up; and he shall cast down many ten thousands; but he shall not be strengthened by it.
KEY VERSE: “And the king of the south shall be strong, and one of his princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion; his dominion shall be a great dominion” – (Daniel 11:5).
DCLM DAILY MANNA 19 JULY 2019 MESSAGE:
In the preceding chapters, Daniel had seen a vision after his earnest and fervent prayers for Israel. In that vision, the angel informed him of the four kings that would rule in the ancient Persia.
The text under consideration speaks about the rise and power of two great kingdoms – the kingdom of Egypt on the south and the kingdom of Syria in the north. According to Bible commentators, the kingdom of Syria was set up by Seleucus Nicanor. He was powerful with no fewer than 72 kingdoms under him. It is however, interesting and instructive to observe that majority of sacred prophecies about kingdoms with great dominion given to Daniel have been fulfilled according to God’s revealed plan. One of these prophecies yet to be fulfilled is the establishment of Christ’s kingdom on earth.
The Millennial Reign of Christ will take place after the Great Tribulation which comes after the rapture. It is at this period that Jesus will come again with the Church to establish His Kingdom. At this time, Christ will speak and act for God. He will be given a universal and glorious dominion with absolute power to govern. It will be a reign of a thousand years of the full manifestation of the glory of the Lord.
The people who will partake in Christ’s millennial reign must be poor in spirit. They must have recognised their state of spiritual poverty, turned away from their sins and surrendered to Christ. They must be pure and holy, watchful and prayerful, committed and consecrated unto the very end.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Jesus will install His Kingdom on earth soon; strive to be part of it.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 25-29
PREVIOUS: Many Members, One Body
DCLM Daily Manna 19 July 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.