DCLM Daily Manna 17 July 2019 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Wings Of Justice
TEXT: Amos 2:1-5
1. Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime;
2. But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth; and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet;
3. And I will cut off the judge from the midst thereof, and will slay all the princes thereof with him, saith the LORD.
4. Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have despised the law of the LORD, and have not kept his commandments, and their lies caused them to err, after the which their fathers have walked;
5. But I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.
“But I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem” – (Amos 2:5).
Modern-day theology teaches that there is no hell or a lake that burns with fire and brimstone; only an eternity of bliss in heaven after death on earth. The implication is that man can live here independent of God’s laws and yet end up spending eternity with Him. Nothing can be farther from the truth.
God endured the antediluvian; that is, the generations before the flood, for about two millennial. When they refused to repent of their sins and wickedness, He flushed them out of the earth with flood. Only eight people survived God’s wrath and punishment. The people of Sodom and Gomorrah stuck to their lewdness and wickedness instead of repenting. When their cup of iniquity became full, angels came and razed the whole place to its foundation. Only Lot and his two daughters survived God’s wrath and judgment.
At this time, Judah had left the true worship of God and gone after idols of other nations. God sent Prophet Amos to warn them that He would not condone their evil practices. People who would continue to enjoy His privileges were those who continued to obey His word. Judah turned deaf ears to the prophets and ended up in exile in Babylon.
The judgment of God is also imminent upon this present world. It will come upon sinners, as well as those who take God for granted like Judah. You can escape God’s wrath today by turning a new leaf. It is unwise to continue in rebellion and disobedience only to court God’s indignation in the end. People who fail to learn the lessons of life are doomed to a life of misery.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Tomorrow may be too late for the procrastinating sinner.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 16-20
PREVIOUS: Futility of Vainglory
DCLM Daily Manna 17 July 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.