Billy Graham 1 August 2018 Daily Devotional
Topic: Internal Strife
Scripture: Pride goes before destruction and haughtiness before a fall.(Proverbs 16:18 (TLB)
Message: David, king of ancient Israel, found himself in the midst of a confused national situation. His kingdom was torn by internal strife. Slave hated master; master hated slave. People blamed the government, and government blamed the people. David looked about him and saw that every man thought himself perfect. Each individual placed blame upon other individuals.
Billy Graham 1 August 2018 Daily Devotional – Internal Strife
David knew that if sinful pride continued to increase, his nation would collapse spiritually. He knew that economic depression, moral disintegration, or military defeat inevitably follow spiritual decline. So David turned to God, and it was revealed to him by the Spirit of God that the spiritual tide of his nation could rise no higher than the spiritual level of his own heart. So he fell on his knees in utter humility and prayed,
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23,24).
Billy Graham: Don’t Let Pride Get in the Way
Prayer for the day: Billy Graham 1 August 2018 Daily Devotional
Lord, deliver me from the sin of pride, and fill me with continuing humility as I go about the tasks before me this day.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham!
Like Us On Facebook
- Seeds of Destiny 20 February 2019 – Passion…
- DCLM Daily Manna 20 February 2019 – Profiting…
- Open Heaven 20 February 2019 – Cornered By God’s Mercy
- Our Daily Bread 20 February 2019 – Send It in a Letter
- Seeds of Destiny 19 February 2019 : Activity –…
- Our Daily Bread 19 February 2019 – Shelve Them…
- RCCG Fasting Prayer Points for 20 February 2019 – Day 41
- Billy Graham Devotional 20 February 2019 – Overcome…