DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2019 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Testimonies Of David
TEXT: Psalm 18:29-50
29. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
30. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried; he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
32. It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation; and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.
37. I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them; neither did I turn again till they were consumed.
38. I have wounded them that they were not able to rise; they are fallen under my feet.
39. For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle; thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
40. Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.
41. They cried, but there was none to save them; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
42. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind; I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
43. Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen; a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
44. As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me; the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.
45. The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.
46. The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.
47. It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me.
48. He delivereth me from mine enemies; yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me; thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
49. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
50. Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.
“It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.” – (Psalm 18:32).
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2019 – Testimonies Of David
Alexander Whyte was a Scottish preacher who always began his prayers with an expression of gratitude. One cold, miserable day his people wondered what he would say. He prayed, “We thank Thee, O Lord, that it is not always like this.”
Grateful souls always see reasons to praise and thank the Lord in every situation. Their spiritual mood is never determined by the weather. Such was the experience of David in our passage for reading today. He looked at every circumstance that he went through from “God is good” perspective. He ascribed the numerous breathtaking victories over enemies like Saul and the host of Philistines to the power and favour of God. He confessed the goodness of God in fulfilling His perfect plan for his life. He recognised God as the Kingmaker who enthroned him over Israel. He saw God as his Avenger and the One who fights his battles and makes him victorious always. He saw God as perfect, powerful and purposeful in His dealings with him. Therefore, he promised to praise God always.
David saw the hand of God in every area of his life and he was grateful. He saw God as a teacher who taught him the art of warfare, enabling him to win in the battles of life. Do you give credit to God for your victories or is it only when things turn bad that you ask Him why? David was not ashamed to give God the glory for his victories. Neither should you keep quiet about the love and goodness of God to you even in difficult times and solutions. After all, everyone will shout when the wall of Jericho is down but only a man of faith will shout when the wall is still standing. Be like David today and appreciate God for His goodness and love to you even in difficult situations.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Praise is valuable currency in life’s struggles.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 21-24
DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.