Billy Graham Devotional 7 February 2019
Topic: Giving Back What Is His
Scripture: “But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won’t help him – how can God’s love be within him?”—1 John 3:17 (TLB)
Message: You know that the hardest thing for you to give up is your money. It represents your time, your energy, your talents, your total personality converted into currency. We usually hold on to it tenaciously, yet it is uncertain in value and we cannot take it into the next world.
The Scripture teaches that we are stewards for a little while of all we earn. If we misuse it, as did the man who buried his talent, it brings upon us the severest judgment of God. The tithe is the Lord’s. If you use it for yourself, you are robbing God. We are to take the tithe as a standard, but to go beyond the tithe is an indication of our gratefulness for God’s gifts to us.
Billy Graham Devotional 7 February 2019 – Giving Back What Is His
In the midst of sorrow and trouble, this life has many blessings and enjoyments which have come from the hand of God. Even our capacity for love is a gift from God. We show our gratitude by giving back to Him a part of that which He has given to us.
Prayer for the day
Give me a generous heart, Father, that does not grudgingly give back to You all that is rightfully Yours.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham, Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association(BGEA). BGEA exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by every effective means and to equip the church and others to do the same.
Like Us On Facebook
- Seeds of Destiny 20 February 2019 – Passion…
- DCLM Daily Manna 20 February 2019 – Profiting…
- Our Daily Bread 20 February 2019 – Send It in a Letter
- Open Heaven 20 February 2019 – Cornered By God’s Mercy
- Seeds of Destiny 19 February 2019 : Activity –…
- Our Daily Bread 19 February 2019 – Shelve Them…
- RCCG Fasting Prayer Points for 20 February 2019 – Day 41
- Joyce Meyer Devotional July 10, 2017 – Offer a…