Billy Graham 12 August 2018 Daily Devotional
Topic: Poverty of Soul
Scripture: For my people [are] foolish, they have not known me . . . – Jeremiah 4:22
Message: No man is more pathetic than he who is in great need and is not aware of it. Remember Samson? Standing there in the valley of Sorek, surrounded by the lords of the Philistines, ” . . . he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.”
It has been truly said, “No man is so ignorant as he who knows nothing and knows not that he knows nothing. No man is so sick as he who has a fatal disease and is not aware of it. No man is so poor as he who is destitute, and yet thinks he is rich.”
Billy Graham 12 August 2018 Daily Devotional – Poverty of Soul
The pitiable thing about the Pharisees was not so much their hypocrisy as it was their utter lack of knowledge of how poor they actually were in the sight of God. There is always something pathetic about a man who thinks he is rich when he is actually poor, who thinks he is good when he is actually vile, who thinks he is educated when he is actually illiterate.
Prayer for the day: Billy Graham 12 August 2018 Daily Devotional
Might I always remember the poverty of my soul before Your love invaded my life, Lord Jesus, and I knew You as Savior.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham!
Like Us On Facebook
- Seeds of Destiny 21 February 2019 – The Power of God
- Our Daily Bread 21 February 2019 – Living Sacrifice
- Open Heaven 21 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Arise!
- DCLM Daily Manna 21 February 2019 – At The…
- Joyce Meyer 21 February 2019 Devotional – Your…
- Prayer Points for Open Heaven 21 February 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 20 February 2019 – Passion…
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 21 February 2019 –…